What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, Billing Address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders
Purchases, saved logins
by contacting customer service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
5507 1 St SE
Canada T2H 1H9
Terms of Service
By signing up for the MRG Sleep Solutions service (“Service”) or any of the services of MRG Sleep Solutions Inc. (“ MRG Sleep Solutions”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). The Services offered by MRG Sleep Solutions under the Terms of Service include various products and services to help you create and manage a retail store, whether an online store (“Online Services”), a physical retail store (“POS Services”), or both. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://education.maplerespiratory.ca/policies. MRG Sleep Solutions reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the MRG Sleep Solutions website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for convenience only and are not legally binding. Please read the “Terms of Service” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using MRG Sleep Solutions or any MRG Sleep Solutions services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
- You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
- To access and use the Services, you must register for a MRG Sleep Solutions account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. MRG Sleep Solutions may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that MRG Sleep Solutions will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. MRG Sleep Solutions cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of MRG Sleep Solutions will result in immediate termination of your services.
- Subject to section 2.2, the person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
- You acknowledge MRG Sleep Solutions Payments will be your default payments gateway(s) and that it is your sole responsibility as the Account Owner to activate and maintain these accounts. If you do not wish to keep either of the payment accounts active, it is your responsibility to deactivate them.
- Upon purchasing a course or lesson through MRG Sleep Solutions, is limited to 3-month access and available as long as your MRG Sleep Solutions Account remains active for those 3 months.
- Technical support is only provided to paying Account holders and is only available via email.
- The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
- You acknowledge and agree that MRG Sleep Solutions may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on MRG Sleep Solutions’ website, available at http://education.maplerespiratory.ca/policies and such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to MRG Sleep Solutions’ website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service, do not continue to use the Service.
- You may not use the MRG Sleep Solutions service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of Canada and the Province of Alberta.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by MRG Sleep Solutions.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use MRG Sleep Solutions or MRG Sleep Solutions trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The parties have required that the Terms of Service and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents que s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
MRG Sleep Solutions Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any MRG Sleep Solutions customer, MRG Sleep Solutions employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that MRG Sleep Solutions employees and contractors may also be MRG Sleep Solutions customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding Account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm Account ownership. Documentation may include but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government-issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
- MRG Sleep Solutions retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful Account ownership and transfer an Account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Account owner, MRG Sleep Solutions reserves the right to temporarily disable an Account until a resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that MRG Sleep Solutions shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall MRG Sleep Solutions or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or these Terms of Service (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, MRG Sleep Solutions partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents it incorporates by reference or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- MRG Sleep Solutions does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- MRG Sleep Solutions does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
- MRG Sleep Solutions does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of MRG Sleep Solutions to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and MRG Sleep Solutions and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and MRG Sleep Solutions (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Payment of Fees
- A valid credit card is required for Accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid credit card.
- All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
- If you are a resident of Canada, you are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your purchase of MRG Sleep Solutions’ products and services. These Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the Canadian billing address you provide to us. Such amounts are in addition to fees for such products and services and will be billed to the credit card you use to pay for the products and services. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date, we receive such a certificate.
- If you are resident in the U.S., Taxes may apply to your purchase of some or all of MRG Sleep Solutions’ products and services, including without limitation, your subscription to or purchase of MRG Sleep Solutions’ Online Education Services, (“Taxable Offerings”). Any applicable Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the U.S. billing address you provide to us and will be calculated at the time of purchase of the applicable Taxable Offerings. Such amounts are in addition to fees for the Taxable Offerings and will be billed to the credit card you use to pay for the Taxable Offerings. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date, we receive such a certificate.
- If you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S., and not subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of your subscription to or purchase of MRG Sleep Solutions’ products and services, you must provide us with a statement by email to email@example.com stating that: (i) you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S.; (ii) you are not GST/HST registered; and (iii) to the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, you were not physically present in Canada when MRG Sleep Solutions’ products and services were made available to you. The statement should also include your complete home and/or business location address. If you do not provide such information, you will be charged for Taxes applicable to your purchase of MRG Sleep Solutions’ products and services, which will be billed to your credit card until after such time that you provide us with the information described above. To the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, and your location of usage changes to a place in Canada or the U.S., you must advise us immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MRG Sleep Solutions does not provide refunds.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Account at anytime by emailing email@example.com and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in MRG Sleep Solutions’s response.
- Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason:
- MRG Sleep Solutions will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account;
- Unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any fees, pro rata or otherwise;
- Any outstanding balance owed to MRG Sleep Solutions for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and your store website will be taken offline.
- If at the date of termination of the Service, there are any outstanding fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the MRG Sleep Solutions Service or your Account for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, MRG Sleep Solutions may suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
Due to the format in which products are supplied MRG Sleep Solutions does not offer refunds on courses purchased online.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using the Services are subject to change upon 7 days notice from MRG Sleep Solutions. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the MRG Sleep Solutions Site (MRG Sleep Solutions.com) or the administration menu of your MRG Sleep Solutions store via an announcement.
- MRG Sleep Solutions reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- MRG Sleep Solutions shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Maple Respiratory Group
5507 1 St SE
Canada T2H 1H9
Last Updated: February 5th, 2019